- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary.
- Mix in cranberries and ¾ cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer sauce to bowl, chill until cold.
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Cranberry Sauce with Port and Dried Figs - Another holiday favorite!
1 2/3 cups ruby port
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup (packed) golden brown sugar
8 dried black mission figs, stemmed and chopped
1 6-inch long sprig fresh rosemary
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
¾ cup sugar
* FYI if you mess it up and throw everything in at once it still works! Yup one stressed out year I made this the wrong way and it still ended up being amazing. Also it's great the next week on turkey sandwiches.