- Place short ribs on a broiler pan. Broil until well-browned to remove excess fat. Transfer to crock pot.
- Sauté onion in brown butter until limp and golden. Pour in ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Heat until blended. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low (200*) for 8 hours.
Friday, April 26, 2019
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2/3 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Friday, April 5, 2019
1 medium onion, minced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 pound thin asparagus (tips intact, touch ends cut off)
½ pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
6 ounces cauliflower or broccoli, broken into small florets
1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼ inch rounds
1 small carrots, halved lengthwise, cut diagonally into 1/8 inch slices
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or 2 teaspoons dried
1 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed, or 1 cup fresh young peas
2 ounces prosciutto or cooked ham, chopped
5 green onions, chopped salt and pepper
1 pound fettucine or linguine cooked al dente, thoroughly
1 cup freshly grated imported parmesan cheese
- Heat wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add butter, onion, and garlic, and saute until onion is softened (about 2 minutes)
- Mix in asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini, and carrot and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add cream, stock, and basil and allow mixture to boil until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas, ham and green onion and cook 1 minute more.
- Turn onto large serving platter.
*Great as dinner, serve with wine and bread!
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 package blue cheese (4 oz.)
Salt and pepper
10 oz. package lima beans
½ cup sliced green onions
4 boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup celery
¼ cup dill pickles
½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
6 oz. spinach (use more)
2 cups iceberg, one full head (use less)
- Whisk together everything for the dressing.
- Mix together everything for the salad.
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
1 tablespoon flour
½ teaspoon garlic
¼ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- Add other ingredients and mix well
- Add cooked spinach
- Pour into small greased casserole.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Top with grated white cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted, not browned.
Monday, December 10, 2018
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried sage
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (2 ½ pound) center cut boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
½ cup parsley shallot sauce, recipe follows
1 ½ cups lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallot
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virigin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Mash the garlic and salt together with a fork until it forms a coarse paste.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the oil, fresh herbs, and freshly ground pepper.
- Rub the garlic-herb paste all over the pork. Put the pork in a roasting pan and roat for 1 ¼ hours or until the internal temperature reach 155*.
- Transfer the roast to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve the pork into slices and serve the sauce.
Friday, September 21, 2018
Time: 30 minutes
4 oz. pancetta or good-quality bacon, cubed
1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 tsp each kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and red chile flakes
¼ grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cook pancetta in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until partly translucent. Spoon off most of the drippings/
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except Parmesan and cook over high heat until juices have reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir to coat, and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped into medium pieces
1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
¼ pound Italian salami, finely diced
¼ pound mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
1 cup garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, rinsed, and chopped
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour Parmesan dressing over salad and toss, coating ingredients completely. Serve immediately.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid and shake well.
** You can add additional items like olives, chopped pepperoncinis (banana peppers) or sun dried tomatoes.