- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Mash the garlic and salt together with a fork until it forms a coarse paste.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the oil, fresh herbs, and freshly ground pepper.
- Rub the garlic-herb paste all over the pork. Put the pork in a roasting pan and roat for 1 ¼ hours or until the internal temperature reach 155*.
- Transfer the roast to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve the pork into slices and serve the sauce.
Monday, December 10, 2018
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried sage
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (2 ½ pound) center cut boneless pork loin, trimmed of all visible fat
½ cup parsley shallot sauce, recipe follows
1 ½ cups lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallot
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virigin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
Friday, September 21, 2018
Time: 30 minutes
4 oz. pancetta or good-quality bacon, cubed
1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 tsp each kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and red chile flakes
¼ grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cook pancetta in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until partly translucent. Spoon off most of the drippings/
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except Parmesan and cook over high heat until juices have reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir to coat, and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped into medium pieces
1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
¼ pound Italian salami, finely diced
¼ pound mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
1 cup garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, rinsed, and chopped
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour Parmesan dressing over salad and toss, coating ingredients completely. Serve immediately.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid and shake well.
** You can add additional items like olives, chopped pepperoncinis (banana peppers) or sun dried tomatoes.
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
1 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sour cream
½ cup sugar + ½ teaspoon vanilla
Red jelly or cherry pie filling
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Fill 24 paper muffin cups.
- Bake in 300* oven for 40 minutes. Cool; middle will sink.
- Mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour into sunken hole and spread over top.
- Add a dab of jelly (or 3 or 4 cherries and sauce from pie filling) in center of sour cream mixture
- Put back in oven for 300* for 5 minutes or longer if needed.
- Freeze, remove paper cups and refreeze.
Thursday, May 17, 2018
1 can cut yellow wax beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
1 large bell pepper, diced, any color
1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 jar pimientos, diced (I used 1 jar roasted red peppers from Trader Joe's)
¼ salad oil (your choice)
2 cups celery, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups cider vinegar
1 cups sugar or equivalent of Splenda
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
- Place all the beans, bell pepper, onion, and pimentos or roasted red peppers in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil and celery.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and tomato soup. Bring to a boil and pour over the vegetables. Toss the mixture lightly with 2 forks. Do this several time as the mixture cools.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate
** Recipe courtesy of Aliesha Holbert Carlos
Monday, April 30, 2018
¾ cup vin Rose
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup salad oil
2 tbsp water
¼ tsp oregano
1 tsp clove garlic (or 1/8 tsp powder)
1 tsp ginger
1 chicken, cut up
- Salt and pepper chicken, pour sauce over.
- Bake about 1 ½ hours in 350* oven, baste if necessary and start in a cold oven.
- Serve with rice
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
1 package lemon gelatin
¾ cup water
¾ cup oil
- Combine cake mix and gelatin.
- Add water, oil, and eggs. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed with hand mixer.
- Pour into 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan that has been greased on bottom.
- Bake at 350* for 30 t0 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and prick top with fork.
- Pour the following mixture over hot cake: 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar, ¼ cup lemon juice, and ½ teaspoons grated lemon rind.